Sunday, May 11, 2008

Uplands Working experience.. [R]Perspective

Today at home... I MADE TACO's .... It tasted real good...
Ok...Uplands has this thing for Year 10's called working experience right.. They send us out to work and get the experience.. We wont get paid.. but its during school time.. So we get to skip school... 2 jobs caught my eyes.... 1 is E & O Hotel... Theres a range of jobs there.. From waiter-ing to Hotel Managing...to other stuff...
The second one is Kirishima Japanese Restaurant... I'm a frequent customer there... So i know quite a lot about the restaurant ....I made a good job application letter...And i think i'm gonna get the job....
So this is the letter i gave in...

Dear Mr. (employer name here),

I, Ong Chuin Chieh, am writing to apply for the position in Kirishima Japanese Restaurant located inside Cititel Hotel. As requested, I am enclosing a completed job application letter. The opportunity presented in this Year 10 working experience is very interesting. I believe that my strong communicating skills and interest in the Food and beverage sector will make me a very competitive candidate for this position.

Let me tell you more about myself. I have dark brown-blackish hair, brown eyes, and about 5 feet 9 inches tall. The skills that I possess for success in this position include:

  • I have been commented on my experience in cooking to be “not bad for a 15 year old”
  • I can speak in several languages (English, Mandarin, Malay) fluently which I know it will aid me in serving the customers in this position. I also understand Hokkien, the local dialect, and am in the process of perfecting the fluency of this language.
  • I strive for continued excellence.
  • I believe I provide exceptional contributions to customer service for all customers.

Other than those of above, I am a frequent customer to this restaurant. This means that I am familiar with the waiters and waitresses that work there. I also know about the limitation of their efficiency in serving the customers in time due to their ever-flowing customers. So, I chose this job among all the other jobs because I know I can improve the service of this restaurant, apart from the other reasons I stated above.

I have a full understanding to how a restaurant runs as my mom has a restaurant of her own serving Taiwanese Cuisine.

I also am interested in learning and progressing at new skills if needed.

Please do consider my job application for this position as my interest in this job is at its highest.

I can be reached anytime via my cell phone, +6012-4226599. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you about this employment opportunity.

Sincerely,

Chuin Chieh, Ong

So what do u think...even if your the employer you would employ me... Who wouldn't...especially after reading that letter....

No comments: